Monday, December 17, 2012

Let the Last Minute Christmas Sales Begin....

It's Monday, which in my students' world means.....STORES!  The Christmas sales have begun.  Laniah's store displayed a "Christmas Sale - Everything is $1" sign (pictured here).  Chet and Luke decided to hold a raffle for "Free Ice Cream for Life," which I thought was an extremely clever idea.

Nolen's "Money for Money" store has hit hard times.  As I mentioned in a blog last week, he is using his own money as capital for the loans that he will give to other students.  There's a slight problem....Nolen currently has $1 to his name.  So now he's on a quest to raise capital to be able to actually loan money out.  Capital is always the hard part when building a small business, isn't it?  I suppose it's time for "Money for Money" to seek out an angel investor.

And last for my blogging today, but absolutely not least, I have to share this story:

One of my students told me at lunch on Friday that she made Cs, Ds, and Fs in 2nd grade.  I responded in somewhat of a bewildered state, "You're a really smart kid.  Why did you make those kind of grades when you're making such great grades in 3rd grade?"  Her response..."You inspire me."  If that doesn't make it all worthwhile, what does?

No comments:

Post a Comment